Shawna Marie Aarons-Cooke, LCSW is a psychotherapist and healer on a mission empower souls worldwide to experience mental health, wellness and fulfillment in all aspects of life. She is the Founder and CEO of Healing Truth Center, as well as the Director for Mental Health Programs at The Guidance Center of Westchester.
In this first installation of a two-part episode, Shawna Marie who knows of the stigma of mental wellness in the Caribbean Community begins to demystify mental wellness and explains:
- How “modeling” and the “messaging” we’ve learnt from our surroundings is a major reason that causes us to look at mental wellness as a weakness or unfavorably.
- The shift to whole health.
- How our perception of mental wellness may cause us to not recognize when we need or the people around us need professional support.
Got questions? Send a message to Shawna Marie here.
- Check out Zencare.co – To find therapists in New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, Rhode Island, Chicago and Seattle.
- Read 6 Steps to Finding a Great Therapist of Color.