Shawna Marie Aarons-Cooke is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist who knows the stigma of mental wellness in the Caribbean Community.
In part 2 of this 2 part series, Shawna Marie answers audience questions which include:
- Techniques for professionals and entrepreneurs to prevent depression.
- Understanding the difference between a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and the Social Worker often associated with Children/Child Protective Services.
- In NYC 24/7 – 365 phone # 888-NYCWELL (the let you text chat or call)
- NYC has mobile crisis – if someone is in a psychological, mental emotional emergency you can call this number
- Crisis Services/Mental Health: Mobile Crisis Teams
- NYC Well
- Westchester – (914) 925-5959
- National 24/7 Suicide hotline – 800-273 Talk
- Check out Zencare.co – To find therapists in New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, Rhode Island, Chicago and Seattle.
- Read 6 Steps to Finding a Great Therapist of Color.
Got questions? Send a message to Shawna Marie here.