The Caribbean Vote is Important
This is a special bonus edition of Carry On Friends the Caribbean American Podcast. This episode is a recording of the Virtual Town Hall – Caribbean Americans Vote: The Power of Our Vote and Voices in 2020 which occurred on Saturday, October 17th.
2020 is a critical year for democracy and the Caribbean American community. As the United States continues to grapple with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, several emergency measures have been put in place to protect public health and every eligible citizens’ right to vote in the November election. In response, we need to ensure our community has all of the information needed to vote safely in unprecedented ways, demonstrating the full power of the Caribbean American vote in what we know will be one of the most important elections of our time.
Please continue listening to this special bonus episode as the discussion helps Caribbean American voters
- understand the overall impact they can have on this critical 2020 election
- understand all options for safe voting amid COVID-19 as well as their rights as a voter
- Have the resources on how to vote by November 3rd and where to find nonpartisan information on candidates/ballot questions
- have information on how to join get out the vote and election protection efforts, even if they are not eligible to vote
You’ll hear from different speakers included Congresswoman, Rep. Yvette Clarke.
By making a plan to vote before the month is over, you’re exercising your power to effect change and make sure your voice is heard.
We’re expecting a record breaking number of mail-in ballots this year, so it’s critical we help our election officials process our ballots quickly and efficiently by voting early – either by mail or at an in-person early voting location.
- To check your registration, visit vote.org/am-i-registered-to-vote
- If you have a felony conviction, learn if you are eligible to vote
- For state-specific info on voting by mail, visit vote.org/absentee-ballot
- To track your ballot, click here
- For early voting locations in your state, visit vote.org/polling-place-locator
- National Vote Early Day is this Saturday! Learn more
- For nonpartisan information about the candidates and questions on your ballot, visit vote411.org
- To learn more about your options for casting your ballot safely in your state, visit Healthy Voting’s website.
- If you experience issues voting are see anything that might be intimidating to voters in your area, call the national, nonpartisan Election Protection program at 866-OUR-VOTE
And don’t forget – we shouldn’t expect results on election night in states like FL, GA, PA and – that’s ok. We want election officials to count every vote.
You can also watch or share the event with other via CaribNation TV here: https://youtu.be/j-qm_NXn3kU
Enjoyed the show? Please remember to leave a rating and review in Apple Podcasts.