This episode is inspired by the blog post, “Say No to New Years’ Resolutions and Yes to Goal Planning in 2015.” In this episode, I discuss 4 steps you can take to start setting and achieving your goals. I also go into my lessons learned from these 4 steps that got me on the path to setting and achieving my goals.
4 Steps to Set and Achieve Goals
1. Write it down
- Be Realistic
- Lifetick, an online goal setting and tracking tool.
- S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting
Specific = Does the goal clearly state what it will achieve?
Measurable = Will you know if you have achieved your goal?
Achievable/Action-Oriented = is this a goal which can actually be achieved or wishful thinking?
Relevant = Does this goal reflect your values in life?
Time Specific = When do you want to achieve this goal by?
2. Be held accountable
- The differentiator when it comes to achieving goals.
- Julien Gordon’s Guaranteed Goals accountability group.
3. Track the progress
- Avoid “The Ostrich Problem”
4. Celebrate the achievements