Jamaican American Joyel Crawford is a Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) and HR Consultant with over 15 years of experience Human Resources and career management. She is also a certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR), and SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
Joyel is an Expert Career Coach at The Muse and is a member of the Forbes Coaches Council, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARW/CC).
We’re always working and wearing many hats to make ends meet but we don’t always pay attention to the potential burnout. In this episode, Joyel discusses how putting yourself first, mindfulness, and self-care have an impact on your career growth and success.
Kerry-Ann’s Episode Takeaways
- Sometimes we should “bloom where we are planted.”
- Celebrate the small successes on you way to accomplishing the larger goal.
- Choose “self over family ideals.” Put yourself first or you can’t help support family.
- Map out what your perfect workplace or work day looks like.
- You should go “job window shopping” every now and then.
- When experiencing high stress:
- We become inward focused, like “lone wolves” and this is not the best place to be.
- This is when we should ask for help by reaching out to external resource
- Practice mindfulness and meditation to rest.
- Take lots of deep breaths.
Join the convo online using #cofpodcast